A bit about me.
I am a professional photographer specialising in capturing the atmosphere of the East Anglian landscape for clients which include the National Trust.
When I'm not behind the camera I write about photography, for magazines and websites and teach it on landscape photography workshops (kindly supported by Lee Filters). I also regularly speak at camera clubs and being a member of two photography groups myself (Felixstowe Photographic Society and the Beyond Group) is one of the things that keeps me inspired.
- 2017 Landscape Photographer of the Year - commended
- 2017 RHS Photography competition - category winner
- 2016 Landscape Photographer of the Year - commended & book cover shot
- 2016 'A stone's throw' solo exhibition, Boat House gallery, Flatford
- 2015 International Garden Photographer of the Year - commended
- 2015 Landscape Photographer of the Year - commended
- 2015 RHS Photography competition - runner up
- 2014 Royal Photographic Society - LRPS distinction
- 2014 Photography Alliance of Great Britain gold medal award
- 2014 International Garden Photographer of the Year - commended
- 2013 Landscape Photographer of the Year - commended & book cover shot
- 2012 Landscape Photographer of the Year - commended
My work has also been widely published, appearing on everything from books and magazines to jam jars and jigsaw puzzles, you can see some examples here.
For my landscapes images I have always used Canon DSLRs and I currently use the 5D mkIV body, Canon L series lenses and Lee filters. I also use a a Fuji X-Pro1 converted for infrared for black and white photography.
I am currently busy working on 'Photographing East Anglia', a photo location guidebook for Fotovue, as well as on new commissions for the National Trust. In 2017 I'll be hosting the first of a new range of weekend workshops, beginning on the Suffolk coast.
Telephone: 07734 068605